...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-10-13

Letter to Walden Farms

Here's a copy of what I sent to Walden Farms just moments ago. I am hopeful that they'll return the email soon so I can let you all know what they've got to say. It'll make a big statement if they decide to consider what my quick study turned up. I hope they're an ethical company!

If you want to write to them, too, you can find their address in the header of the email if you'd like to write to them as well. (By the way, I changed my email address to include the "dot"s and the "at" so the spammers can't find me via my blog, but that's the only change I made to the email.)


Concern about Splenda in your products

Jayme Hunt Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM
To: cynthia@waldenfarms.com
Bcc: jayme dot hunt at gmail dot com
Hi Cynthia,

I'm in phase two of the HCG diet protocol. I purchased several of your products, thought they tasted wonderful, and that I found the answer to my desire for a larger variety of flavor in the foods I'm allowed. On my blog, I periodically conduct a study about products that I'm using in my recipes, as there's a lot of people who come to my site to get flavorful recipes to help them stay on phase two of HCG as well.

During my research and study of the ingredients in your products, though, I was lead to research Splenda. Splenda, it turns out, is *BAD* stuff. If you take a look at my post, you'll see why: http://lessofmehcg.blogspot.com/2009/10/walden-farms-quick-study.html

I'd like to encourage your company to change your recipe, even though I know this is a difficult thing to do. Please consider changing from Splenda to Stevia. Stevia is a natural product made from parts of a plant in the same family as the sunflower. It has many health benefits... If you go out to Zevia's website, you get a great overview of what stevia will do for you: http://www.zevia.com/products_stevia.html

My readers and I are anxiously awaiting your reply regarding this dangerous product found in your products.

Thank you,

~Jayme T Hunt

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." ~ Plutarch

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I heard a lot about Walden Farms on some hCG sites, mostly positive. A quick glance at their nutritional info online showed how much splenda they were using. Plus, call me crazy, but I wonder if continuing to use different dressings and sauces for everything we eat isn't setting us up to fail once we go off-plan. How can we retrain our bodies towards healthier foods if we can't enjoy simply dressed foods? Not that sauces and dips are ALWAYS evil.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails