...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-09-24

Asian Garlic Chicken

NOTE: I researched Walden Farms products and found some disturbing things about Splenda, which is in the Walden Farms products. See the research here: http://lessofmehcg.blogspot.com/2009/10/walden-farms-quick-study.html

Last night's dinner was mostly compliments of Walden Farms, as far as taste goes. I found their salad dressings & ketchup in a store in Hood River after visiting my nutritionalist, Tami, at Daniel's Health Store. (daniels at gorge dot net). I bought my hCG there for the usual price of just $25 per 2fl oz bottle and picked up a few vitamins and some stevia.

Anyway, I headed up to Rosauer's and found Walden Farms salad dressings on sale 2 for $6.
They were sold out of the one I really wanted, Dijon Honey, but I got one of each of all the rest. Asian, Ranch, Creamy Bacon, 1000 Island, Balsamic, Raspberry Vinegrette, and Bleu Cheese. I went searching then for the Ketchup. It wasn't on sale, but it was there! :)

When I got home, I immediately pulled out the chicken I was planning to have but had no idea what to do with. I also grabbed some cabbage and talked my Mom into trying the salad dressings with me last night. She often helps me come up with recipes and taste tests them with me. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Here's the sharesies:

Asian Garlic Chicken (110 calories)
100g chicken
2T Walden Farms Asian dressing
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
In center of 8" foil, place chicken, top with garlic and spread Asian dressing over all of it. Fold into packet and allow to marinate in frig at least 1 hour. Put in 350* oven for 25 minutes or until chicken is done.

We served this up on two separate plates. One (mine) had cabbage tossed with the Walden Farms Balsamic dressing. The other (Mom's) had spinach tossed with the Walden Farms Creamy Bacon dressing.
Mom reported that the dressings mingled very nicely together and that if she were working outside the home, she'd probably make the chicken up the night before, take the spinach and Creamy Bacon salad dressing (in separate containers), warm up the chicken at lunch time and just dump it all over the top of the spinach. Just a thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails