...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-09-24

Balsamic Mustard Chicken




Today's lunch turned out to be a delightful concoction I created on the fly. I told you all that I'm just getting bored with the same old same old sorts of recipes, right? Well, I put some things together today that I never would've considered before. It's kind of funny, too, because one of the ingredients contains another of the ingredients that I used, so it was a natural marriage. I just never considered it before.

Balsamic Mustard Chicken (110 calories)
100g chicken (110 calories)
2T Balsamic Vinegar
2T Stone Ground mustard (I use Plochman's)
3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped coarsly
2t dried basil
Mix all ingredients except chicken in a small bowl. Add chicken and cover on both sides with the marinade. Cover and let stand 1 hour in frig. Place chicken on rammikan and pour remaining marinade over the top of it. Bake in oven 20 minutes at 350*. When 20 minutes is done, pour 2T hot water over the chicken to dilute the marinade a little, then cook another 10 minutes. Take out of oven and cut chicken into bite sized pieces, then toss with marinade before transferring to your plate.
I served this with lemon cucumber (see the picture for what they look like) fresh from a neighbor's garden. I topped the cucumber with fresh ground pepper and dipped the slices into Walden Farms Ranch dressing but decided that I liked a litte bite of the marinade and chicken on top of each cucumber best. :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks fabulous and tasty. I love balsamic vinegar, but I'm giving it up for now because my doctor told me it has a higher glycemic index than red wine vinegar.

    You're like me ... you love the garlic! Keep these recipes a-comin'! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails