...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-09-20

Baked Shrimp




The original recipe I found for this baked shrimp called for nutmeg, lemon juice, and for the grissini to be crumbled and sprinkled over the top of the shrimp. I think this is a great waste of a grissini stick, as I'd much rather just eat it and enjoy the flavors and textures it has unto it's own. At first, I went with the original recipe, but the lemon juice was just too tart (and it called for waaaay too much of it), there wasn't enough garlic (one small clove wasn't enough),
the nutmeg caused the whole dish to taste bitter, and there needed to be a little bit extra flavor. Where I knew that it could do that, I figured I'd best give it a shot as the recipe was and adjust it from there. OK, almost I followed the original recipe. Hahaha! I couldn't bring myself to first crumble, then add the grissini to the top of it. I'm so glad I didn't!

So, here's the sharesies on the recipe that I'll follow next time around, after considering what I had for lunch. I'm sure this one will be much better!

Baked Shrimp (90 calories)
100g shrimp (90 calories)
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1t lime juice
a sprinkle onion powder
a sprinkle pumpkin spice
salt and pepper to taste
1t parsley
Shake ButterBuds
In a ramekin (just because it's pretty) combine everything but parsley & butter. Top shrimp with parsley and butter. Bake for approximately 8-9 minutes. I served this beside broccoli & a parmesean grissini. It made a beautiful plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails