- It gives you the option to keep it private and LOCK your journal with encryption!
- It's assessable from your computer, smartphone, or you can just email your entries to it.
- You *can* share your entries, sort of like a blog. The catch is that your viewers have to log in to see/comment about your thoughts. It's like having an "invitation only blog." :)
- Free, unless you want the Pro stuff.
Many of us who've decided to drop a few (or more than a few) pounds want the health benefits but don't necessarily want the world to read what we have to say (such as blogging). I do both, myself. I figured that it wasn't like my fatness was a big secret. lol. It's pretty out there in the world already. However, there's still some personal emotional things to work through that I don't want to share with anyone but myself and my own personal journal. This is the place that penzu gets used for me.
Other than dropping the pounds and being held accountable to you (and those you choose to share with), what are some of the other benefits of journaling? There are so many, that Penzu has several pages discussing it. Take a look at the top layer:
- Good for You
- Less Stress. Expressive writing is an extremely cathartic process, helping you to relax and release stress.
- Be Healthier. Numerous studies have shown that keeping a journal can improve your immune function.
- Get Smarter. Keeping a journal or diary can not only boost your "working memory" but your grades too.
- Lose Weight. Keeping a food diary has been suggested to double weight-loss when combined with a diet.
- Good Karma
- Penzu donates a portion of our proceeds to a charitable cause that improves literacy and writing worldwide.
- Room to Read is a charity that partners with local communities in the developing world to improve literacy and education. Room to Read establishes libraries, creating local language children's literature, constructing schools, and providing education to girls. A portion of all proceeds from Penzu Pro accounts will go to supporting Room to Read.
- Why Penzu?
- Never Lost or Stolen - While a computer, or a paper-bound diary can be lost or stolen, your entries are always safe with Penzu.
- Access Anywhere - Ever forget your diary at home? Wherever you have internet, you have Penzu!
- Privacy First - Not only are your entries private, but you can password protect them individually for even more privacy.
- Easy to Use - With a simple design and paper-like interface, Penzu is extremely intuitive and easy to use.
I realize that this sort of sounds like a sales pitch, but it's all true. It's completely worth your time and it's something just for YOU, not for anyone else. That, all by itself, is worth the look-see to find out if it's for you. Not to mention, it's free, unless you really want the benefits of the Pro version!