...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-09-08

Zippy Shrimp



This afternoon, we're doing some zippy little shrimps. I think I'll pair it with some fresh cucumber to cool my mouth off because I plan to add more red pepper flakes and paprika to mine, but I like-a tings SPICY! In mine, I doubled a few of the ingredients, which I noted in the recipe. I tried to cool the recipe off for all you who aren't up for a spicy meal, below in my sharesies:



Zippy Shrimp (90 calories)
100g jumbo shrimp (90 calories)
2T Braggs' Liquid Aminos
1/4c water
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/4t red pepper flakes (I doubled this at least for mine)
1/2t paprika (I doubled this one, too)
2T lemon juice
1 t chopped fresh basil
1/8t cinnamon
1/4t tobasco sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Heat the water and Braggs' in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the garlic in until the garlic is nearly translucent. Sprinkle in red pepper flakes, paprika, cinnamon, tobasco sauce, and basil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Pour the lemon juice over the shrimp; allow to cook until the shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 1 or 2 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium-low; add the basil and toss lightly. Add your salt and pepper then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails