...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-09-17

"Honey" Citrus Glazed Shrimp

This one, where it's a little late, I think needs some tweaking. I post it here as a jumping off point for other people who experiment. Luckily, we can make the "glaze" and taste it all by itself, as those things are all "free." What I found was that, even though it is tasty, it overpowered the shrimp. I think less tobasco, less fruit juice next time. And I'm sure it needs something to even out the juice tang, but I'm not sure what yet. I'll have to ponder this one a little longer, I think. Or, better yet, I'll just pass it around to some of my other recipe making friends and see what they come up with to balance it.

All in all, it didn't have honey's smoothness and I think, ultimately, that's what's missing. Anyway, here's the sharesies:

"Honey" Citrus Glazed Shrimp (90 calories)
100g shrimp (90 calories)
Juice of one lime, or lemon
6-10 drops orange stevia
2t Tobasco sauce
1t Ground Ginger
1/2t Celery Seed
1/4t Knox gelatin (if you want to thicken it)
Combine all ingredients except shrimp in small bowl. Add shrimp to the bowl and let marinade for an hour. Glaze will be soupy and won't look much like a glaze until it gets heated up. Center all ingredients on 8" square of foil and fold into a packet. Place in toaster oven at 350* for 10 minutes or until shrimp are done, then serve hot. I poured it all over the top of some broccoli!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails