...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-09-13

Gelled Fruit (a Jell-O knock off)

I got ambitious the other day, not to mention bored of the same old same old baked apples for desert. So, I started hunting for some different things I could do with what I'm allowed on this protocol.

Since we have oranges, raspberries, strawberries, and grapefruit, I couldn't think of a single reason why I should refrain from adding some Knox Gelatin to some water and tossing the fruit in with it, sweeten it up with some stevia and set it in the frig to chill out. Here's what my first jelled fruit recipe experiment was:

DON'T MAKE THIS JUST LIKE THIS RECIPE SAYS. IT DIDN'T TURN OUT RIGHT! I POST IT HERE AS A JUMPING POINT FOR OTHER EXPERIMENTERS ONLY!!

Gelled Fruit
Allowed amount of fruit
1 package Knox Gelatin
16-20 drops of stevia
Make the gelatin, according the the directions, squish 1/4 of the fruit so it's pulpy juice and add to the gelatin. Add stevia, chill.

It turns out that this is not as pleasant as I thought it would be. It tasted like orange flavored gelled stevia. I think, next time I give it a shot, I'll go ahead and mash all the fruit, add only 3/4 of the water, and about half the stevia. When I do that, I'll post results again. If you decide to alter it and come up with a tasty recipe, please share in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails