...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-09-11

Apple Day



Today is the sixth day of being on a plateau while on this protocol *and following it to the letter.* I figure that six days of being at the same weight makes it time for a shake down. Or maybe it's a shake up, I'm not sure. I think it's a shake down though, as I want to drop the weight rather than gain it. It's an apple day and I'll have apples coming out my ears!

My chosen apples are one of my all time favorites, Gala. I enjoy Honeykrisp and green (so they're tart) Golden Delicious. Mostly, I like all those because they have a nice satisfying crunch and an elegant sweetness followed directly with a tangy tart. It's a symphony in your mouth if you listen closely. I know what I'm talking about here because I grew up in AppleLand (Hood River Valley in Oregon) where the apples and pears grew everywhere there wasn't a house. I got so sick of them that I didn't eat them for a long time, in fact, because every time we were hungry as kids, Mom would tell us to eat an apple. :) It's kind of like oatmeal for me. We had oatmeal for breakfast nearly every day.
My memory of that could certainly be faulty, but about food, I recall vividly trying to choke down oatmeal that I was just so tired of eating it was making me green around the gills ("But it's good for you!") and apples coming out my ears.

The "Apple Day" concept feels a lot like that, but I'd rather feel like that than keep the weight on. :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails