...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2010-02-02

Introductions

I was just introduced to a really fun blog to read. http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/. She doesn't follow HCG, but she does follow Atkins, which is basically P3 of HCG. It's not really the process she follows, but what she has to say about dieting in general that's so great. For instance:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-Weight Watchers. I'm just not for it.

In fact, in 2004, I undertook a two month trek into the vast valley of the points system, flex eating, and online membership. I purchased the little calculator, never spent my flex points, and, over the course of 60 long, hungry days, managed to lose 25 pounds.

I was too tired to jump up and down (thankfully, the floor was concrete) to celebrate the weight loss. I just wanted a piece of bacon. Or cheese. Or something with less more in it than the packaging of their convenience foods.
That's just so much fun!

She also posted a link to this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1247216/The-Big-Fat-Lies-Britains-obesity-epidemic.html# Seriously interesting stuff written by a lawyer, Hannah Sutter. In fact, take a look at this little bit of her article:

The Government's Food Standards Agency (FSA), among others, is pumping out a template of a balanced diet that is based on flawed science that I believe is responsible for thousands of people developing health problems.

The co-defendant in the dock with the Government is starch.

While we've all been brainwashed into thinking that fat is the killer we must avoid and food manufacturers bring out more and more profitable 'low-fat' versions of foods, starch - in the shape of pasta, bread, cereals, potatoes and rice - has been quietly adding on the pounds, while we are being told that it's good for us.

The problem, I believe, is threefold.

First, we are being given dietary advice that is completely out of keeping with our current lifestyles.

The second problem is that the Government vendetta against fats, because of their apparent link to heart disease, is based on highly debatable studies.

And third, although exercise is undoubtedly good for us all, there is growing evidence that shows sweating away in the gym won't actually make you any slimmer.

And to add insult to injury, it's hard to get any research money to counter these arguments, because most research is funded by the very food conglomerates that stand to benefit most from these lies.

So, the first big fat lie we are fed is that we should eat less.

1 comment:

  1. You're too funny! I love your comment about WW. I'm not anti-WW either, but I'll sure never do that again. I'm a lifetime member and I'm confident that calorie restriction and eating low-fat is the reason I gained weight. It worked for about 3 years and then it stopped working and I began to put the weight back on very slowly, even though I reduced calories further and exercised. I wished people would educate themselves more on what our body needs and not believe what every Tom, Dick, and Harry says.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails