Tonight, for dinner, I had an exceptional meal. No one else uses coffee this way, that I can tell, while on the VLCD. This particular recipe calls for using coffee as a marinade. Coffee lends a deep, strong base to the beef and LOTS of flavor as well as beautiful color. If you have a really good cut of meat, this would be the one recipe I'd recommend for it...
- If you have a really good cut of roast beef, you don't need to pound it. If you have a cheap cut, definitely pound it thin first.
- This could be a good crock pot recipe, too!
- You can save the broth for another recipe or use it on your veggies.
- Horse radish added to this recipe would be exceptional! Make sure to read your labels though, to make sure there's no sugar added.
- If you saved your broth for a few days, you could add some hamburger, some onion or celery, and make a reallllllly good soup.
- In Phase 3, the big difference would be to brown the roast in some olive oil, add carrots, onions, and celery to it. THEN slow cook it.