...... ...... Join us on Facebook!
Join us!
......
...... Less of YOU
The Less of Me Store
Shopping
...... Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
...... Less of Me Blog
Join us on Facebook!
in Ebook format!
...... style7
Close

2009-09-13

Balsamic Roast Beef

Tonight, it's time for something a little heavier than normal. Chicken and fishies are nice most of the time, but they leave me feeling "empty." In the summer, I'm a fruit and veggie person - but as it cools off, I want RED MEAT. Roast, steak, hamburger... (<--Read: Dead cow, ready to consume.) It's kind of morbid, I agree, but it is what it is.

I also wanted something different from the roast recipe I came up with already. Something a little more tangy, cooked slower, so the roast would be tender. Here's what I came up with:

Balsamic Roast Beef (150 calories)
100g roast beef (150 calories)
sprig of fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, cut into slices
2t Braggs' Liquid Aminos
2T Balsamic Vinegar
pinch nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
Marinate roast in Braggs' and Balsamic for two hours in the frig. Then, in 8" square of foil, center roast and add pinch nutmeg, salt, pepper, garlic, and basil. Cover and close tightly in the foil, then pop in toaster oven (or conventional oven) at 300* for at least an hour. Serve with your choice of veggie! Seriously yummy.

I wanted to pair this up with a veggie that was low in calories so I could have a large amount of it. The fishies are, on average, 50 calories less than beef. That translates to a whole cup less of some sort of veggie. So, I chose cabbage. You get the sharesies on how I steamed it up below:

Dilled Cabbage
Allowed amount of cabbage
3t dill seed
3t salt
Add dill seed and salt to the water. Steam the cabbage up and add a little Braggs' Liquid Aminos to taste and serve up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails